Beaumont Small Business Assistance Grant
Beginning in March 2020, the City of Beaumont began to feel the significant economic impacts and hardships caused by the COVID-19 pandemic. Many businesses were forced to close their doors due primarily to State and County health orders. Even though these orders have been abated to some degree over the past couple of months, many businesses remain closed or remain subject to severe restrictions on operations which continue to exacerbate economic hardships and threaten business viability.
Small, locally owned retail storefronts and commercial businesses comprise a critical segment of Beaumont’s local economy. They are also the most vulnerable business sectors to the economic impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic. The Beaumont City Council has created a Small Business Assistance Grant program to aid certain small, locally owned business who have experienced negative economic impacts since March 1, 2020, and has made $142,000 available for disbursement through the program.
This grant program is targeted toward businesses of 15 or fewer employees who are in good standing with the City of Beaumont can demonstrate financial losses since March 1, 2020. Qualified businesses may be eligible to receive a one-time grant in the amount of $3,000 to applied toward certain direct, business related expenses.
Home based business as well as non-profit or religious organizations are ineligible.
Businesses must meet specific criteria including those listed below to be eligible for consideration:
- Must have a physical location with the City of Beaumont.
- Store Front,
- Office Space, or
- Commercial Structure.
- Must be in good standing with the City of Beaumont.
- Current, Valid Business License;
- No Outstanding Code Enforcement Actions;
- No Violations of Any Applicable Law, Ordinance, Etc.; or
- Not Engaged in Any Unlawful Activities, Adult Entertainment, or Cannabis Industry.
- Must Have a Maximum of 15 Full-Time Employees as of March 1, 2020.
- Verifiable Payroll Records Required.
- Must Pledge to Participate in the Beaumont Shop Safe Program.
- Must be Willing to Enter into a Grant Acceptance Agreement with the City of Beaumont.
- Must be Able to Demonstrate COVID-19 Related Losses Since March 1, 2020.
What Kind of Assistance is Provided?
Successful grant recipients will receive $3,000 of financial assistance. Use of these funds is restricted to the following direct business-related needs:
- Payroll and Payroll Related Expenses,
- Equipment Purchases/Repairs,
- Supply Purchases,
- Rent/Mortgage Payments, or
- Loan Payments.
Use of funds for any other purpose(s) are prohibited.
When Will Grants be Awarded?
Grant applications will be accepted from September 1, 2020, through the close of business on September 15, 2020. Grant funds will be disbursed to the successful applicants by October 1, 2020.
How Will Grants be Awarded?
This is a non-competitive grant with awards being made based on qualifications. A random drawing will be conducted should the number of qualified applicants exceed the funding available. Should a drawing be required it will be conducted on a random basis via YouTube.
Is A Business Disqualified If It Has Received County, State or Federal Financial Assistance?
Businesses who have already received financial assistance from any other County, State or Federal program (i.e. PPP, Riverside County Small Business Grant, CARES Act) are not disqualified. However, preference will be given to those business who have not received financial assistance through one of these programs.
What Else Do I Need to Know?
Grant recipients will be required to maintain financial records for a minimum of 5 years. These records must be produced at the request of the City of Beaumont.
Additional criteria and requirements may be found in the Grant Application and the Small Business Grant Agreement document.
What Must be Submitted?
The following items must be submitted for an application to be considered complete and eligible for consideration:
- Completed Grant Application with Signature(s),
- All Documents/Evidence to Support Information Provided by the Applicant on the Grant Application,
- Executed Copy of the Grant Agreement,
- Copy of a 12/31/2019 Profit and Loss Statement OR the First Page of a 2018 or 2019 business tax return, and
- Completed W-9 IRS Request for Taxpayer Identification Number and Certification Form.
Questions? Please email email@example.com