Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19)
The “coronavirus” or “COVID-19” continues to generate concern globally, domestically and locally. The City of Beaumont as a local government agency remains closely engaged with our County Health and emergency management partners. The health and safety of the citizens and City employees is our paramount concern. City services are being modified in order to provide a safe environment while maintaining basic services throughout the crisis. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.
Given the nature of how quickly information updates regarding the virus, we continue to encourage community members to first and foremost visit the Public Health Department’s website. On the site, you will be able to view information ranging from frequently asked questions, information for healthcare providers, case updates, and more.
NEW Blueprint for a Safer Economy (August 28th)
Every county in California is assigned to a tier based on its rate of new cases and positivity. At a minimum, counties must remain in a tier for at least 3 weeks before moving forward. Data is reviewed weekly and tiers are updated on Tuesdays. To move forward, a county must meet the next tier’s criteria for two consecutive weeks. If a county’s metrics worsen for two consecutive weeks, it will be assigned a more restrictive tier. Public health officials are constantly monitoring data and can step in if necessary. View the Tier System
MANDATORY FACE COVERINGS:
Cloth face coverings or masks help reduce the spread of coronavirus especially when combined with physical distancing and frequent hand washing. Starting June 18, Californians must wear face coverings in common and public indoor spaces and outdoors when distancing is not possible. Learn more about the guidance and limited exceptions here.
- Customer Service Desk – The Beaumont Civic Center and the Albert A. Chatigny Sr. Community Recreation Center are OPEN to walk-in customers Monday - Friday from 8am to 12pm. Before you get in line - go online! Utility payments may be made online or can be placed in the drop box located at the Civic Center parking lot. Our full customer service team is available by phone at (951)769-8520.
- Police Department – Beaumont Police Department Lobby and Records Bureau will be open Monday-Friday from 8am-12pm. The Records Bureau is closed Saturday-Sunday and Holidays. Livescan services continue to be suspended. Residents may also utilize the non-emergency phone number at (951)769-8500 for questions. There is no impact to 911 Emergency service.
- Fire Station - All CalFire Fire Stations are restricted to the public until further notice. If you have an emergency, please 911 and the proper response will be dispatched to you. Questions from the public can be answered during business hours 8:00 am - 5:00 pm by calling (951) 845-3718.
- Community Recreation Center (CRC) – All recreation programs, including Day Camp and Senior Center, are suspended until further notice.
- Field Operations – Maintenance crews for parks, streets and wastewater will continue their regular duties. Public service requests may be submitted online at BeaumontCa.gov and will be prioritized to limit exposure to City employees.
- Building Permits and Inspections – The building permit window will be closed to the public. Details regarding permits & inspections
- Beaumont Transit – Reduced schedules have been implemented on multiple routes. Please visit our website for current schedules.
The City is encouraging residents to educate themselves about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19), including how to protect themselves and their families, by reviewing resources available at:
California Coronavirus Response: https://covid19.ca.gov/
Riverside County Public Health: https://www.rivcoph.org/coronavirus
Centers for Disease Control and Prevention: https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019-nCoV/index.html