The 60 Truck Lanes Project will widen a 4.5-mile section of State Route 60 between Gilman Springs Road and 1.4 miles west of Jack Rabbit Trail through unincorporated Riverside County’s Badlands between Moreno Valley and Beaumont. The project lies within mountainous terrain with a curving alignment and steep grades. The project is designed to improve safety and efficiency and to reduce traffic congestion. Click here to view project videos.
Project features include:
- Constructing an eastbound truck climbing lane
- Constructing a westbound truck descending lane
- Widening shoulders to standard widths – 12-foot exterior shoulders and 11-foot interior shoulders
- Establishing 2 wildlife crossings and placing wildlife fencing
- Improving motorist sight distance by flattening roadway curves