Building & Safety
The health and safety of the citizens and City employees is our paramount concern. City services are being modified in order to provide a safe environment while maintaining basic services throughout the crisis. Your patience and understanding are appreciated.
The permit window remains closed to the public. For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Occupied Spaces - Building inspections are done virtually via the ZOOM app.
Unoccupied & Exterior Spaces - In-person inspections are done with strictly-enforced precautionary measures in place as follows:
- No face-to-face contact between inspectors and site personnel. All communication will take place via email, text, or telephone only.
- All areas that are subject to inspection must be completely unoccupied and empty. There shall be no personnel in the area, including any personnel from builder, contractor, or trades.
Scheduling the Inspection:
Schedule your inspection by email to BuildingInspector@beaumontca.gov. Please send a separate email for each inspection. Requests must be submitted by 3:00 p.m. for next day inspections. Inspections do not take place on holidays or weekends.
- Subject line should include the following information:
- Type of inspection
- Permit number
- Date of the inspection
- In the body of email, include the site technician’s name, email and phone number so the inspector may make arrangements for the virtual inspection.
- The inspector will reply to your email for the approval/comments of the inspection.
Before the Virtual Inspection:
- Download the ZOOM App.
- Make sure that your device is fully charged - they tend to drain very fast while in use.
- Have the following tools ready: measuring tape, levels, flashlight, etc.
- Ensure enclosed areas are well illuminated.
- Have the following documents available:
- Permit job card
- Approved plans
Stay Home - Stop the Spread - Save Lives
We hope to see you soon!
|TYPE OF PERMIT||# OF PLANS NEEDED|
|Accessory dwelling unit||5|
|New Single Family Home||5|
|New Multi Family Home||6|
|TYPES OF PERMITS||# OF PLANS NEEDED|
|Shell Building ONLY||5|
- 2019 California Residential Code (CBC)
- 2019 California Electrical Code (CEC)
- 2019 California Mechanical Code (CMC)
- 2019 California Plumbing Code (CPC)
- 2019 California Energy Code
- 2019 California Historical Building Code (CHBC)
- 2019 California Existing Building Code (CEBC)
- 2019 California Green Building Standards (CALGreen) @(Model.BulletStyle == CivicPlus.Entities.Modules.Layout.Enums.BulletStyle.Decimal ? "ol" : "ul")>
|Seismic Design Category (SDC)||D||2019 CBC |
|D2 ||2019 CRC |
|Basic Wind Speed |
Note: Vult = ultimate design wind speed
|Risk Category II Vult = 97 mph ||2019 CBC/ASCE 7-16|
|Vult = 110 mph || 2019 CRC|
|Ambient Temperature||99OF (for electrical conductors Ampacity corrections factors of 2019 CEC)|
|Soil Bearing Capacity||1,500 psf (default value per 2019 CBC Table 1806.2) or per soil report.|
|Soil Lateral Bearing Capacity||100 psf/ft (default value per 2019 CBC Table 1806.2) or per soil report.|
|Climate Zone||10 |
|Rainfall ||2” per hour, 100-year return or higher values per hydrology report.|
|Snow Load||5 Lbs.|