Southern California Edison West of Devers (WOD) Upgrade Project Activity
During these unprecedented times, Southern California Edison (SCE) is focused as ever on safely providing reliable service to our communities. SCE and its contractor, Barnard Construction Company, are building the West of Devers Upgrade Project to provide the additional capacity necessary to bring renewable and conventional generation being developed in desert areas around Blythe and Desert Center, California. These significant upgrades will enhance electric reliability for all customers and help to make the power grid greener for California.
Extended Construction Hours: between July 18th and July 26th, 2020: To facilitate completion of work coordinated with the California Department of Transportation (Caltrans) and the California Highway Patrol (CHP) work will occur between 6 am and 6 pm daily.
Location of Extended Construction Hours: Between July 18th and July 26th, 2020 Crews will be working in the Project Right-of-Way just east of Interstate 10 in Beaumont and approximately 0.75 miles west of Palmer Avenue in Calimesa.
- Traffic control on I-10 and local roads
- Traffic breaks on I-10 between 6 am and 11 am on July 18th, 19th, 25th and 26th
- Use of helicopters to transport crew members to tower crowns and string wire
- Wire Stringing
- Transmission wire and optical ground wire pulling and splicing
Every effort will be made to reduce the amount of noise generated by activities related to construction. SCE understands that construction may be inconvenient to residents, businesses, and visitors. We greatly appreciate your patience as we move to complete construction as quickly and safely as possible.
Power Outages: There are NO customer impacting power outages planned for this work at this time.
Staying Safe: Customers should not approach crew members and should stay at least six feet away for safety. The safety of our workforce, our customers, and the public remain our top priority.
- Call our toll-free line 888-226-9916, where your call will be routed to effectively resolve your concern.
- Project Liaison: Debrah Bishop
- Para información en español, llame al 888-226-9916
- Visit our Project website www.on.sce.com/devers